Last updated: August 3, 2018
We may collect the following information from you:
- Contact information such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number;
- Billing information such as credit card number and billing address;
- Financial information such as bank account numbers;
- Unique identifiers such as user name, account number, password;
- Demographic information such as age, education, gender, interests, and zip code;
- Information disclosed on Our messages boards, chat features, blogs and other services to which You are able to post information and materials; and
- Any other information required by the applicable laws and regulations.
Railto may disclose Your personal information to analyze site usage and improve the Services; to communicate with You about administrative notices, account alerts, and any other communication relevant to Your use of the Services; for market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, and detecting and protecting against error, fraud, or other criminal activity; to third-party contractors that provide services to Railto; and to enforce any agreements You enter into with Us.
We may also disclose Your personal information as required by court order, subpoena, or similar legal process or law when Railto has a good faith belief that such a disclosure is necessary to protect You or other Users, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
Cookies and Other Electronic Technologies. In order to make Your interaction with the Site, Application, Platform, and Services simple and productive Railtos sends cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small text files stored on Your computer that store and sometimes track information about Your use of the Site, Application, Platform and Services. We use some cookies that last until You end the use of the browser and some cookies that remain on Your hard drive for an extended period of time.
We use the information collected by the cookies to enhance Your experience. We may use the information for the following:
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations and Our legal obligations;
- Investigating and preventing potentially illegal or harmful activities, including fraud;
- Verifying Your identity by comparing Your personal information against third-party databases;
- Processing transactions and sending notifications about transactions;
- Compiling aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- Monitoring, enhancing, and verify identity or service access, combat spam, or other malware or security risks;
- Providing the Services;
- Customizing and evaluating the content and advertising You view;
- Contacting You, including for promotional purposes;
- Protecting Your rights and Our rights;
- Any other purpose that is disclosed to You at the time We collect the information or that is related to a request made by You.
Protecting Personal Information. Railto maintains appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of the personal information You entrust to Us. However, You acknowledge and understand that Railto cannot guarantee that loss, misuse, unauthorized acquisition or alternation of personal information will not occur. Similarly, You acknowledge and understand that We have no way of protecting personal information once it leaves and/or until it reaches Us and that Your actions play a vital role in protecting Your personal information. You agree to immediately notify Us if You suspect any unauthorized access to or use of Your account.